The Ranelagh PTA Virtual Quiz Night will be livestreamed via Zoom on Friday 26th March 2021, starting at 7.30pm and will consist of seven rounds:
- The “Connections” Round
- The “Music” Round
- The “Numbers” Round
- The “Dingbats” Round (During the 30 Minute Break)
- The “Movies” Round
- The “Three of a Kind” Round
- The “Millionaire” Round
How it will work
At the beginning of each round, we will read out all the questions, and then everyone will be sent to their Zoom breakout room for 5 minutes, so that each team can work out and submit their answers. Breakout rooms are sessions that are split off from the main Zoom meeting. They allow multiple people to work together in a virtual-team, and are completely isolated in terms of audio and video from the main session. After completing the first three rounds, there will be a 30-minute break for you to get together with your team in your breakout room and work out the answers to round four. This will also give us time to mark the first three rounds. Once the break is over, we will bring you back to the main Zoom meeting and we will complete the remaining three rounds. Obviously, the whole quiz relies on the honesty of teams and individuals and the event is being hosted primarily as a fun event to bring Ranelagh parents and friends together at this difficult time.
You will need
- A computer, tablet or phone per household with the latest Zoom software (https://zoom.us) installed. You will need the latest version for breakout rooms to work so please update your software by going to your account details and Checking for Updates.
- A Zoom login for each household. For security reasons we won’t allow anonymous users to join the quiz.
- A pen and paper to jot down answers whilst the questions are being read out.
- The ability to fill in Google Forms online to submit your answers. We have set up a test form which you can try out, here – https://forms.gle/joqWpJLii8jcmZk36
- Plenty of nibbles and drinks to keep you going.
How to Sign Up
Of course, it would not be a PTA event if we didn’t ask you for some money! Tickets are £5.50 per adult (£5 plus 50p processing fee) and we have set up a JumbleBee payment page here – https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/ranelaghptavirtualquiznight. When you buy your ticket(s), you will need to let us know the following information:
- Your team name
- Your Zoom login e-mail
- If you are forming a virtual-team, then you also need to let us know the Zoom login e-mails for all your team members. This will enable us to set up the Zoom breakout rooms in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can my children join in?
- Yes, however the questions are not written specifically for children.
- Can I form a virtual-team with friends and family?
- Yes, as long as we receive payment and we have their Zoom login e-mail and virtual-team details
- When will the quiz finish?
- Around 9.45pm. Rounds 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 should each take approximately 15 minutes, with round 4 being completed in the 30-minute break. However, with the vagaries of the Internet, who knows.
- How many people can we have in a virtual-team?
- Ideally, no more than 8 people, so that it’s fair for smaller teams.
- I don’t have my own virtual-team, can I join one?
- If there are enough people who are not members of any virtual-team, then we should be able to create one for you on the night.
- I don’t have the latest version of Zoom – how do I get that?
- Click on your login name (right corner when you login) and click on the link, Check for Updates.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail Simon Hutson at email@example.com