How to support your child’s creativity
- Ask the question “what if…?” in different situations to encourage your child to think more imaginatively.
- Give your child lots of opportunities to be creative – adapt instructions to see how the outcome might change.
- Encourage your child to “think outside the box” when he/she is completing homework. What else could they add? How could they make it more creative?
- Allow free time at home where your child decides how to spend it.
- Model creativity.
- Ask questions to encourage problem-solving: Take time to brainstorm and re-think the obvious answers when a problem arises.
- Encourage them not to rush homework. This will give them time to create, ask questions and problem-solve.