Ranelagh Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Welcome to the Ranelagh PTA web page! Here you can find out about who we are, what we do, and how you can get involved.
The PTA is formed of a group of parents and teachers who voluntarily give up their time to arrange events and raise much-needed events for the school. We organise various events throughout the year for Ranelagh families to enjoy and to fundraise for the school.
The PTA is a registered charity. You can find out more about the Ranelagh PTA on the Charities Commission Website (registered charity number 1125897).
At the start of every academic year, we agree our funding priorities with the Headteacher and Deputy Head. Every penny that we raise goes back into school projects that benefit every Ranelagh pupil in some way.
In the last academic year (2022-23), we raised nearly £20,000 for our school, which funded:
- Youthline Counselling for the year
- The hire of a new 17-Seater minibus
- The following curriculum bids, at a cost of just over £8,000:
- Two new ovens for the food and nutrition department.
- A one year digital Theatre+ subscription for drama.
- New infrared thermometers and microscopes for science.
- New easels for the art department.
- New cooking utensils and equipment to support the teaching of food technology.
- Paper recycling bins to support the school geography club efforts.
- Some additional history and health and social care textbooks.
- Some equipment to support the wider project to create a new science lab and re-locate an ICT suite.
We hope you all agree that this was money well spent! Thank you to everyone who supports our fundraising efforts to allow us to fund these things!
Fancy getting involved with the PTA?
We are blessed to be a secondary school with a thriving PTA, but we rely on the support and generosity of parents and staff to help us run successful events and raise the funds that we do. There are lots of ways you can get involved and help. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com or via the PTA Facebook page
The PTA Committee
At Ranelagh, we are very fortunate to have a good number of parent volunteers running our active PTA. You can find details of this year’s team below.
|President||Tim Griffith (Headteacher)|
|Chair||Elizabeth (Liz) Flanagan|
|Vice Chair||Mel Woods|
|Shadow Treasurer||Komal Limbachiya|
|Other (general) committee members:||Emma Barnard
If you are ever interested in joining the PTA committee, or would be willing to help us with any of our events, please get in touch!
|Non-uniform day for Christmas fair donations||Friday 17th November|
|Christmas Fair||Saturday 2nd December 2023, 4-7pm|
|Christmas hamper raffle||
Now through to Friday 8th December, 8pm
Buy your tickets here
|Second-hand uniform and study guide sales||Ongoing - see documents section below|
Further communications will be circulated before each event, but please do mark your diaries now and get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions!
- AGM Minutes - Sept 2023
- Autumn newsletter - Oct 2023
- Christmas fair poster
- Committee meeting - Sept 2023 - Minutes
- PTA Constitution
- Second-hand uniform and study guides